Posted by tamaratest on December 11, 2014 in elearning.
Today’s information and learning landscape continues to evolve and we endeavor to keep up with the trends. As if that’s not enough, we are also always faced with competition and the challenge of rising above our competitors. We are bombarded with a staggering amount of information and we are constantly reading and filtering that, depending on what might be of interest or benefit. Needless to say, acquiring the right skills at the right time and in the proper manner makes a difference to our success, and perhaps also for keeping our sanity intact.
It is often said that learning is a lifelong activity. Even though it can be overwhelming to live in a world of “information overload,” it’s good to remember that access to information is something that all should have (though many do not), and we should treasure the act of learning and/or providing learning opportunities for others.
Here are a few quotes from the wise minds of history that help keep the learning light burning:
- “The more I live, the more I learn. The more I learn, the more I realize, the less I know.” ― Michel Legrand
- “Developing a desire to learn is the kindling point of all classroom achievement.” ― Robert John Meehan
- “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.” ― Henry Ford
- “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
- “Learning never exhausts the mind.” ― Leonardo da Vinci
- “I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen.” ― Ernest Hemingway
- “By seeking and blundering we learn.” ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you’ll never cease to grow.” ― Anthony J. D’Angelo
- “Every student can learn, just not on the same day, or the same way.” ― George Evans
- “He who is ashamed of asking is ashamed of learning.” ― Danish Proverb
Employing the right tools to maximize learning potential is a vital consideration for ensuring that people in any organization are ready to meet today’s high workforce skill expectations. At CollectMyThoughts, our initial focus is the elearning and corporate training industry. We have a rich database of resources that can guide you in making the right choices of elearning and other business solutions to sharpen your organization’s and employees’ competitive edge. Check out reviews on Learning Management Systemstoday.